Writing Focus Sticks

I found this really cool website and I just went nuts! ;)  The Focus Sticks are to help students focus on specific skills of writing.  I figured to give this a try.  I'm not taking credit and I can say that I can't wait to begin to implement it with my students!  Thank you so much Make, Take & Teach for this great idea!  The creator has everything listed on her site.  I did do something different; I covered the popsicle sticks with Mod Podge in order to protect the sticker, so I strongly suggest this great little trick.  I numbered each stick in order to avoid confusion and lost Focus Sticks.

I also glued the posters to my zebra themed ribbon.  I glued the beginning writers posters on one ribbon with yellow palm trees on the top so the students can remember that these skills match the yellow popsicle stick.  Then, I glued the advanced writers posters together on the fantastic zebra theme ribbon and placed green palm trees on the top so that it matches the green popsicle stick.  I hope you can use this with your students.  Have you ever used Focus Sticks before?  How did it go?  If you haven't used them, what do you think about them?



No comments :

Post a Comment