Friendship Floats

Guess what cooooooolllllll science experiment we did to honor Valentine's Day?  First, we celebrated Friendship Day.  We talked all week about the importance of being a good friend and how we can continue to be great friends to each other.  My little light bulb went off and I said, hey why not incorporate science into all of this?  I decided to ask my wonderful and supportive parents to please donate the goodies.  Before I knew it, tah-dah!  I also had help from my partner in crime and great friend, so kudoos to my awesome friend! On Friday, we made Friendship Floats!  My little ones faces were truly priceless!  I also have to thank my 2 great moms who came to help because the clean up was interesting with a room full of children hyper on SuGaR! :)

Donations: vanilla ice cream, Cherry 7-Up, whip cream, twizzlers, cherries, cups, and napkins!


First, scoop vanilla ice cream into the cup and then pour Cherry 7-Up.  This is great to show solid, liquid, and gas.  My students created such great questions about how the gas was contained in the soda bottle and what happens to the gas when it's released.  


Just smoother the float with whip cream and...


add your toppings.  I added cherries, but you can also use sprinkles, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup. chocolate chips, M & Ms, etc... One of my students was drinking the Friendship Float through the Twizzler.  I had to take a picture!  This was hilarious!  

Happy Friendship Day!  Happy Valentine's Day!  How did you celebrate Valentine's Day? 

No comments :

Post a Comment