Inventor's i-Pad Project

Super excited!  I assign my students a monthly book project to complete based on a theme.  I'm starting my theme on inventors and inventions this week, so it would be appropriate to assign a book project fitting this theme.  I was looking and searching all over the place and I just couldn't find something that attracted my attention.  I was thinking and thinking and thinking over a week.  It was haunting me!  I couldn't think of an idea.  The night before I had to assign the project, my brilliant son saw my desperate need and he just simply said "Mom, just have them create an iPad!"  Well, duh... why didn't I think of that?!  I mean we use technology allllll the time, even now.  :)

I stayed up Thursday night until 1AM writing it up.  I woke up at 6AM and I was sooooooo tired. Have you ever had one of those night?  Or many nights?  Of course we have!  Well, I assigned them the project and they are so excited.  I highlighted two inventors for students to choose from the list because I just don't want so many projects on the same inventor.  My students are to check out a nonfiction book relating to their choice.  I also instructed them to use the internet as a resource tool just in case they don't find a book about the inventor.

When my little ones submit their project, they have to present it.  They LOVE this part too!  :)  I plan to use this "i-Pad" as part of my Invention Convention that will take place in late May.  Tomorrow we are reading a Time for Kids magazine based on the coolest inventions of 2014.  I have so many ideas on this unit that I can see fireworks coming out of my little coconut.  :)

So stay tuned for my adventures...

Click on the pic to visit my store directly or click here.  All the best!



2 comments :

  1. How exciting. I can't wait to hear about the invention convention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate your comment! I have soooo many ideas running through my head :) about this invention theme! I'm super super, SUPER excited! :)

      Delete