Tell all Tuesday: Summer Snapshot

It's that time of the week for Tell all Tuesday with My Day in K and Teach, Talk, Inspire!  Whoop-Whoop!  Our topic for this week is Summer Snapshot!


I have many wonderful summer memories to share, but I would like to dedicate this post to my parents!  So here is to Mami and Papi who are in Heaven and one day I will see them again! :)  I miss you both dearly.

My parents would take us every summer to stay in a nice fancy hotel right off the beach in Miami Beach. This was a big deal for us because my siblings and I would save our little pennies in our piggy banks all year long.  We would also have this count down calendar and yes, the teacher in me took over! :)

My parents would make this big deal and buy us expensive clothes, shoes, toys, and stayed in expensive hotels.  They would order room service and let us little ones answer the door.  We were allowed to stay up alllll night, watch tv, eat lots of junk food, and play lots and lots of games.  I remember one time when my mom got so sun burned that we place cheese slices on her shoulders and they melted! We were cracking up with laughter. We would say that "Mami was the toaster!" For this brief weekend, the world didn't matter.  It was just us!

I don't have a picture of our summers because we lost many memories during Hurricane Andrew. However, the memories in my heart can't be taken away and are forever engraved!  So here is a beautiful picture my daughter took as my husband and I create new summer and all-year round memories with my little ones!

To Mami and Papi, thank you for showing me how to fight and take on the world!  

So there you have it folks, my Summer Snapshot.  Now, think about a favorite summer memory current or new and post a picture or two about it.  It could be a favorite summer trip, activity, or spot that you enjoy.  We can't wait to see and read all about your summer adventures.

Here's how to join in on the fun:
1. Grab a picture and banner above and use it to link back to this post on your blog.
2. Write a post about the topic of the week.
This week is: Two Truths and a Lie: Summer Snapshot!
3. Add your link below.
4. Advertise your post using social media of your choice.  

I can't wait to read your posts!  Happy, happy summer!

13 comments :

  1. It sounds like your parents worked very hard to make your vacation memorable. I can only imagine how much you you had as kids!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful memories and a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing.
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Summer Time was everyone's favorite at your house going up!! What sweet memories!!
    Thank you for sharing your snapshot!

    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to think what our parents and grandparents did to make vacations feel so magical and special isn't it? It sounds like your Mami and Papi did a fabulous job sharing and connecting with you. Thank you for sharing these sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your post! Sounds like you had wonderful summers with your family!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful memories! Sounds like your parents knew how to live life right! Thanks for sharing!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful memories! I enjoyed reading all about your family vacation and seeing your picture! Thanks for linking up with us!

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I loved reading about your summer snapshot. Those sound like wonderful summer memories. Your parents instilled in you the value of working hard and appreciating family time. I love that! Thank you for taking the time to link up with us! It is always fun to read your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories!!! Isn't it fun to have such fun memories from our own childhoods that we try to create similar but different ones for our own children's childhoods??

    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading about your summer memories with your Mami and Papi. Sounds like so much fun! Even though you don't have the pictures I could totally visualize all that fun with your family by your wonderful descriptions. Beautiful pic on the water making new memories! Great post! Hugs!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you have so many wonderful memories, and new memories are so fun to make! Love your snapshot!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful memories you have! I love that your mom got so burnt cheese melted on her. I've never heard of that! ;)
    Sarah
    Mrs B's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing memories you created with your loved ones! Thank you for sharing.

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete